National Popcorn Day

rawpixel.com
    Image courtesy of Kristie Schmidt.

As a beloved snack found in both homes and movie theatres, popcorn is food worth celebrating. National Popcorn Day is on January 19th, the perfect day to enjoy the variety this snack has to offer.

The history of popcorn goes back centuries, with people all around the world enjoying this treat. Popcorn has been dated back to around 10,000 years ago and in 2012, archaeologists were able to find traces of popcorn through kernels, tracing it back to Peru. Popcorn back then was a simpler snack with fewer flavors and variety, but that hasn’t stopped it from developing over the years.

Popcorn plays its part in many different events, such as a fun day out at a carnival, or a night out with friends or family; what better way to spend time than at a fair or movie with friends, family, and popcorn? Popcorn is even amazing for staying nights at home, sitting on the couch, and binge-watching your favorite show or movie.

There is no doubt about it: popcorn is a versatile and delicious snack. It can be made sweet, savory, or even spicy, making it the perfect indulgence for any craving. Whether you prefer your popcorn plain with a touch of salt or covered in butter and caramel, there is no denying that this humble snack has a special place in many hearts. Some may choose to celebrate National Popcorn Day by experimenting with new and exciting flavors. Whether it’s trying a different seasoning or experimenting with unique toppings, creativity knows no bounds when it comes to popcorn.  

Vector Portal

Many celebrate this national day, so make sure to enjoy a nice bowl of delicious popcorn for the celebration and thankfulness of this one-of-a-kind snack. There are several quick ways to make one delicious bowl of popcorn. One way is by popping the kernels in a pan on the stove with some oil. Another is a classic microwaveable popcorn, or even an air-popped version. This type requires a specific machine that focuses hot air onto the kernels, forcing them to pop! This food is also widely accessible at grocery stores which offer many flavors to indulge in.

Regardless of which method you use to acquire your popcorn, remember to celebrate this national day in order to not miss out!