Hawk Herald

The Student News Site of Forest Hills Eastern High School

Hawk Herald

Hawk Herald

Baseball Is Back

rawpixel.com
Free baseball on clay field close up image, public domain sport CC0 photo. More: View public domain image source here

With spring sports officially beginning, many students now have long and busy days ahead of them! Mandatory practices began a couple weeks ago, but now things are beginning to ramp up into full swing as different meets, games, and events are now planned. Eastern offers a variety of different spring sports, including track, girls’ softball, girls’ tennis, boys’ golf, girls’ soccer, rowing, and lacrosse. However, one sport that has peaked attention, is the baseball team.

The boys’ baseball team has worked hard to get to where they are. Last year they became State champions after winning the State Finals. This year, as their season begins once again, they’re eager to see what they can accomplish.

Coach Hearn has led the team for several years, developing sincere friendships and bonds with many of the players. Throughout his career of both playing and coaching baseball, he’s won a total of “635 games throughout [his] life.” He, alongside the other baseball coaches, Coach Wysocki and Coach Evans, expressed their excitement for this upcoming season.

When asked about his feelings about this years players, Coach Wysocki responded “I’m super excited about this season, we have a lot of new kids on the team that are going to make how we perform at the highest level really interesting.” He then continued on describing the excitement of past players returning to play another season. ”There’s also a lot of our program that has continued throughout the years and I’m excited to see what new building block we’re going to have this year.”

Be sure to keep this team on your radar throughout the spring season! You can find their schedule online at the Forest Hills Eastern athletic site.