National Spicy Guacamole Day: The World of Spice

Image courtesy of Pexels.

National Spicy Guacamole Day, takes place each year on November 14. This holiday is a tasteful celebration that commemorates the wonderful invention of guacamole. After all, what’s better than enjoying a side of chips served with this dip?

Guacamole, a beloved Mexican dip made from mashed avocados, has transcended its cultural origins to become a global top-pick dip. Whether you enjoy it as a creamy topping for tacos or a savory accompaniment to your favorite chips, guacamole is a versatile treat that has captured the hearts and taste buds of people worldwide. On the 14th of November, the ones who favor guacamole have another reason to celebrate: National Spicy Guacamole Day.

This unofficial holiday is a tribute to the fusion of traditional Mexican flavors with a fiery twist. As spicy guacamole takes over this day, it is time to explore the rich history of this beloved dish, in addition to all of the different flavors made into one recipe. With each unique ingredient and preparation method, savoring this delicious dip is easy with its creative variations.

The origins of guacamole are more than just a savory dish; guacamole has ancient roots, dating back to the Aztec civilization which is now modern-day Mexico. The word “guacamole” itself originated from Nahuatl, which is a part of the Aztec language. In guacamole’s most traditional form, it consists of mashed ripe avocados, lime or lemon juice, and salt. In some additional forms, it includes ingredients such as tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. The Aztecs noticed the nutritional value of avocados, which includes benefits such as healthy fats and essential nutrients. This delightful creation has continued to capture appetites with its savoring flavors throughout the years. Even in today’s day and age, the process of making guacamole remains the same.

However, despite the guacamole recipes remaining relatively identical to the past, a new life of guacamole has emerged: spicy guacamole. Spicy guacamole adds new, hot, and mouthwatering ingredients to the otherwise cool dip, creating a fiery bite. The use of spices added to the guacamole not only adds an exciting kick of flavor, but also reflects the trend of spiciness across the world. People are increasingly embracing the bold, fiery kick of peppers, chilies, and spices. Whether it’s the heat of jalapenos, the smoky depth of chipotle, or the explosive taste of habaneros, spicy guacamole brings a whole new excitement to a beloved classic.

There are many different variations and new creations when it comes to guacamole, so why not add a spicy dish of guacamole to your food plate? Not only does this give your food life a new snack, but it also provides you with more experiences with different kinds of peppers, seasonings, jalapenos, and new methods of making guacamole.  Ingredients for making this spicy dish include:

Three ripe delicious avocados

1-2 jalapeno pepper (depending on the spice level wanted) 

1 small red onion, finely chopped (or sauteed)

2 cloves of garlic (minced)

1-2 tomatoes

¼ cup fresh cilantro

Lime juice, or two freshly squeezed limes

Salt

Pepper

Chili powder

Take these ingredients, mash them up, and you have your very own bowl of spicy guacamole, so make sure to try it this Wednesday in celebration of National Spicy Guacamole Day!