First Snow Day of the Year

Wednesday, January 10th, marked the first official snow day for all Forest Hills Schools, and spirits were high as students were very excited to have the day off after a tiresome first two days back from winter break. Students used the day to catch up on sleep and enjoy the beautiful snowfall. According to the weather predictions, we will likely receive much more snow in the next few days so, in hopes of another snow day, here are some perfect snow day activities for everyone to enjoy. 

Sledding

• Grab your snow pants, winter coat, and sled for this enjoyable winter activity. The only other thing you’ll need is a nice snowy hill to sled down!
  • Remember, if you are heading outside, bundle up because it is utterly freezing outside!

Snowball Fights

• What’s more fun than throwing things at your friends and siblings? Head outside for some active winter fun during these snow days.
  • If you’re looking for an activity with only a few people, it only takes two for this fun winter activity!

Building a Snowman

• Over the past couple of days, we have received perfect packing snow for building a snowman.
  • Grab your carrots and corncob pipe and head outside to build yourself a nice, cold friend who likes warm hugs.

Hot Chocolate and Movies

• If you don’t enjoy the cold, the perfect indoor relaxing activity for an endless day of snow is cuddling up with a nice blanket and hot chocolate to watch a great winter movie.
  • A similar alternative is to binge-watch your favorite TV show during your day off.

Reading by the fireplace

• Another relaxing indoor activity for a snow day is snuggling up with a book.
  • Staying cozy by the fireplace with your favorite novel is a classic, calming winter activity.

Try Crafting

• If you enjoy creative projects, a snow day is the perfect time to start a new craft.
  • Pinterest and Etsy are great places to find ideas for your next crafting project.

When it comes to snow days, always remember that it is dangerous to be traveling on snowy roads, so make sure to be safe in the event you have to drive somewhere. Remember to put a white crayon in the freezer, flush some ice cubes, and wear your pajamas inside out to help earn another perfectly chilly snow day!