Kids Food Basket Upcoming Fundraising Opportunities

@fhe.kfb.club / Instagram

Kids Food Basket is a non-profit organization based in West Michigan, aiming to provide healthy and fresh meals to families and children in need. With a Kids Food Basket club at Eastern, many fundraising opportunities are available year-round to raise money for the charity.

This week, beginning Monday, December 4, Eastern’s Kids Food Basket Club will host a bake sale, with its conclusion on Friday, December 8. All proceeds will go towards the Kids Food Basket charity organization. The food provided will be brought in by KFB club members, with a complete ingredient list available in case of allergies as well.

Each year, the KFB Club works hard to raise donations for this organization and has had a close partnership for several years. Eastern competes against Forest Hills Northern, in a race to see who can raise the most funds for the charity. Year after year, Eastern reigns supreme. To kick off the competition this year, the bake sale is a fun and delicious way to both collect donations through food purchases and supply Eastern students with a tasty breakfast snack. Located at the top of the Great Hall Stairs, a table will be set up, containing a variety of delectable goods including Costco muffins, donuts, cookies, and other scrumptious treats. Each item costs only $1. The sales will begin at 7:20 am each morning and conclude at the beginning of school, at 7:40 am. On Thursday, December 7, an additional selling time will be during lunch.

If getting a breakfast treat isn’t your style, another way to get involved is a charity basketball game hosted at Eastern. On December 16, there will be a boy’s basketball game between Eastern and Northern. Entry can be granted if boxes of Cheez-Its or Goldfish are provided. For Eastern, students should bring in Goldfish, while students from Northern will compete with Cheez-Its. Each box will then be donated to the KFB organization; they also count for points. The more boxes brought in, the more points each respective school gets. The school with the most amount of points/boxes of crackers will win a large trophy, which currently resides at Eastern. Additionally, Eastern NHS members may receive volunteer hours for each large box of goldfish they bring in, with a maximum of two large boxes.

The Boys’ JV and Freshmen games will begin at 10 am, while the Boys’ Varsity game will start at 11:30. A performance by the 4th and 5th-grade cheerleaders from both Eastern and Northern will happen as well. This is a wonderful opportunity to see both teams in action while also helping a local charity through friendly competition!

More volunteering and fundraising opportunities will be available throughout the remaining year. Be sure to watch out for any news regarding these occasions!

Additional Information:

Eastern’s KFB Club Instagram: @fhe.kfb.club

KFB Official Website For Volunteering: kidsfoodbasket.org/volunteer