Hawk Herald

The Student News Site of Forest Hills Eastern High School

Hawk Herald

Hawk Herald

HAWK P.R.I.D.E.

Randy Heinitz
Image courtesy of Flickr.

Beginning this school year, assistant principal Mr. Mac and the ETV staff announced the HAWK PRIDE winners. With the award being a new tradition this year, some were confused as to what this meant and how to win.

HAWK PRIDE is an award given to students who show the true qualities of being a Hawk, such as: being a Persistent hard worker, Respectful to others, Inclusive to everyone, and being a Dependable person who can be counted on Every day.

Mr. Mac has played a crucial role in implementing HAWK PRIDE this year. He says “It’s something that is important to us in the community. It’s a way to show that [students] care and want to make their community better.” Further elaborating, he explains that it’s important “In teaching them to be respectful to others and also be inclusive and dependable, every day in order to make our school a better place.” HAWK PRIDE qualities have been around since Eastern originally opened almost 20 years ago. Both staff and students want to improve the community and inspire other students to strive to be even better people.

In order to teach HAWK PRIDE, teachers explained the expectations of being a Hawk at the beginning of the year. If a student demonstrates exceptional Hawk qualities, they are given a raffle ticket which they may turn into the office to be entered to win a variety of prizes. Mr. Mac is excited about this new development and believes that “FHE is a really great place. I want to keep growing and make it better while also celebrating students’ accomplishments.”

Make sure to keep up the hard work this year and exemplify the qualities of a Hawk. Be sure to listen to the announcements in case you’ve won a prize!