National Brownie Day

PickPik
    PickPik

National Brownie Day, is a decadent holiday. On December 8th, the love for brownies is celebrated by people worldwide to show their appreciation for this baked good. With over 1.5 billion brownies enjoyed each year in the United States, the delicious taste of brownies ensnares everyone. When it comes to this chocolatey baked good, who could turn down such a divine burst of chocolate? While this baked good typically specifies in one flavor, it also spans over hundreds of flavors with numerous recipes to try. Brownies give us different textures and so much more; whether you prefer fudgy, chewy, or even cakey, there’s never an end to the different ways of making this one-of-a-kind delicious treat.

The brownie first originated in the United States, thanks to Bertha Palmer. This American businesswoman was the first to create this mouth-filling chocolate delight in 1893 Chicago. Brownies have been around for some time now, and are enjoyed by people across the country, but what makes people crazy for this rich chocolate dessert? As brownies continue to bring people joy, this sweet treat provides different flavors and options of creativity, allowing people to take their own special twist with the dessert.

Not all brownies were made to be the same. Some people prefer certain textures, tastes, and smells. Such a simple treat can polarize fans into their group of likings, however with brownies, despite individual preferences, people unite in their love with the treat. There is a brownie for each and everyone, and if their isn’t one yet, people have the liberty to create their own twist.

Flavors range from brownies for those who love chocolate and want more dense, rich, compact, and fudgy brownies, to recipes that use less cocoa powder for people who don’t enjoy an overwhelming chocolate flavor. Or, if you like the taste of a brownie, but want no chocolate at all, blondies bring in a new world as this creates a buttery, chewy crumb full of butterscotch flavoring. The flavors of brownies continue; peanut butter, cream cheese, double chocolate, and coffee brownies satisfy a large array of those with varying palate. Each brownie can cater to preferences. Some brownies have a cake-like texture, while other have a dense base resembling fudge. The possibilities are endless.

Various toppings for these desserts are available too. Some prefer adding chocolate chips into their batter to add extra silky chocolate, while others prefer a crunch and incorporate walnuts. Other variations involve spreads such as Nutella. This hazelnut spread is folded into the batter, creating pockets of heating, chocolate pools. Additionally, candy toppings are sometimes included as well, such as Kit-Kats, Oreos, M&Ms, and even a delicious chocolate mint.

Overall who would want to avoid celebrating this chocolate delight National Brownie Day. Be sure to satisfy your sweet-cravings next time with a brownie!