Spring Sports Startup

Spring is approaching, and with it, spring sports. Tryouts for spring sports begin next week on Monday, March 11th. You can try out for a variety of sports such as girls’ soccer, boys’ and girls’ rowing, softball, baseball, girls’ tennis, lacrosse, and track and field. Consider joining a spring sport this year, these teams are always looking for more players! There’s also a variety of reasons why joining a spring sport is a great decision. If you are unsure about whether or not you would like to join a sport this year, here are some of the reasons why spring sports are a great activity to participate in while you are in high school.

To start, spring sports are a great way to get involved in the Eastern community. Whether it’s through being a captain on the tennis team or simply being a team manager, Eastern’s sports teams are always a welcoming and inviting place to get involved with your fellow classmates outside of school hours. Spring sports provide students with the invaluable chance to make new friends while on the court, field, or in the locker room. While playing a high school sport, you also have the opportunity to meet many people you may not have met otherwise. You get the chance to interact with a variety of individuals from different grade levels and create new and fun relationships with your teammates.

Athletics also teach students valuable lessons, such as sportsmanship and teamwork, which are extremely important skills to develop young, as they will likely help them later in life. Your participation also looks great on college applications and helps to round out your portfolio.

Additionally, spring sports are a fun and enjoyable way to get exercise and stay healthy. In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, it is recommended that teenagers get an average of one hour of exercise each day, and what better way to do that than through a sport?

Finally, if you play a sport during a different season, adding a spring sport to your agenda can help you stay in shape during your off-season and help you to better prepare for future seasons of your main sport.

In summary, spring sports are a great opportunity for all students to participate in. Make sure to check out the Eastern Athletics website for more information, or listen to ETV for upcoming events!